Art at the Pavilion
Current Exhibit: Chris Church
Creative Days are Seasonal, Drop-In Workshops for children that take place at the Pavilion and Kiosk to mark special occasions and festivals.
NEW! Art at the Park
First Tuesday of the month, 11am-3pm: Check here for upcoming dates
Regular art days - a monthly opportunity for anyone with an interest in art to just turn up and join in.
£8 will give you a piece of cake and unlimited teas and coffees to keep you sustained throughout the day. All our budding artists will be encouraged to head inside for a break and a chat at lunchtime and to share experiences and network with like-minded people. You don't have to be a pro - this is for anyone with any artistic tendencies. If however you are an expert or a teacher please do join us and offer tips and advice to those less experienced! We can't wait to see your artwork and please share this with your arty friends too.
The Verandah Gallery
We are currently working closely with one of our local schools, Pilgrims Pre-Preparatory School. Please see their website for further details
As part of their enrichment provision the school offers a small group of Year 2 children, aged 6 – 7 Years, the opportunity to participate in an art club. The children are selected based on their artistic ability and enthusiasm for art. The aim of the session is to enrich and extend the pupil’s skills across a range of media, as well as working towards an Arts Award. To achieve the Arts Award Discover, the children discover the arts around them, find out about artists and their work and share their experiences with others, gaining a certificate at the end. Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England.
The club is run by Jacqueline Morales, a teacher at the school who is the Art Co-ordinator and qualified Arts Award Advisor, with the support of Teaching Assistant Donna Deane.
The children’s artwork is a regular feature in The Verandah Gallery. They thoroughly enjoy seeing their work exhibited and sharing their work with the wider community is a valuable and important part of the Arts Award process.
2018 Art Exhibits
- Chris Church 6th January - 25th February
- Ronald McKay 26th February - 1st April
- Nancy Batty 1st April - 14th May
- 4 Colourways Gerry Ewens & Friends - 15th May - 26th June
- Summer Exhibition 27th June - 8th August
- Shereen Rahwangi 19th September - 31st October
- SoupFest Exhibition in support of Bedford's homeless by Faith Dwight - 1st November - 13th December
Your artwork at the pavilionComplete the form below if you'd like to book a six week slot to display and sell your art at the pavilion. Why not kick off the exhibit with a supper club of your own or host a private viewing? Find out more on our book a party page.
- Bedfordshire Landscapes - 1st January - 6th February
- Food Glorious Food - Circus of Illustration Collective - 7th February - 23rd March
- Jemma Beedie Perspective - Jemma Beedie - 24th March - 5th May
- Mary Cave - 5th May - 16th June
- Talia Giles - 24th June - 28th July
- Tabitha Mary - 28th July - 8th September
- Charlotte Tenneson - 8th September to 20th October
- Creative Days - 20th October to 30th November
- Christian Webb Photography - 1st December to 5th January 2018