The Verandah Gallery
We are currently working closely with one of our local schools, Pilgrims Pre-Preparatory School. Please see their website for further details
As part of their enrichment provision the school offers a small group of Year 2 children, aged 6 – 7 Years, the opportunity to participate in an art club. The children are selected based on their artistic ability and enthusiasm for art. The aim of the session is to enrich and extend the pupil’s skills across a range of media, as well as working towards an Arts Award. To achieve the Arts Award Discover, the children discover the arts around them, find out about artists and their work and share their experiences with others, gaining a certificate at the end. Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England.
The club is run by Jacqueline Morales, a teacher at the school who is the Art Co-ordinator and qualified Arts Award Advisor, with the support of Teaching Assistant Donna Deane.
The children’s artwork is a regular feature in The Verandah Gallery. They thoroughly enjoy seeing their work exhibited and sharing their work with the wider community is a valuable and important part of the Arts Award process.
Big Fish Little Fish
An exhibition brought to you by Creative Days Art and Craft Workshops for Children
Big Fish Little Fish is the collective work of a group of children from the ages of 4 to 13, who attend weekly art and craft workshops run by Creative Days, here in Bedford. Over a period of 5 weeks the children have been working on a series of projects planned and designed specifically for the Pavillion's unique indoor space. Inspired simply by fish, the exhibition includes observational drawing, printmaking and mixed media construction.
The aim of our workshops is to encourage and develop the creativity in every child
Creative Days are Seasonal, Drop-In Workshops for children that take place at the Pavilion and Kiosk to mark special occasions and festivals.
2017 Art Exhibits
- Bedfordshire Landscapes - 1st January - 6th February
- Food Glorious Food - Circus of Illustration Collective - 7th February - 23rd March
- Jemma Beedie Perspective - Jemma Beedie - 24th March - 5th May
- Mary Cave - 5th May - 16th June
- Talia Giles - 24th June - 28th July
- Tabitha Mary - 28th July - 8th September
- Charlotte Tenneson - 8th September to 20th October
- Creative Days - 20th October to 30th November
- Circus of Illustration Christmas Exhibition - 1st December to 5th January 2018
- Chris Church - 6th January - 18th February
- Ronald McKay - 19th February - 1st April
- Nancy Batty - 1st April - 14th May
- 4 Colourways Gerry Ewens & Friends - 15th May - 26th June
- Summer Exhibition - 27th June - 8th August
- Shereen Rahwangi - 19th September - 31st October