Art at the Pavilion
We're proud to support local Artists, whose art can be found for sale inside the Pavilion all year round. Below you'll find a list of upcoming art exhibits and an archive of previous displays.
‘Woodland Creatures’ and ‘Great British Birds’
24th June - 28th July
Talia's prints are thoughtfully constructed by mixing modern design practice with the more traditional concept of the posed portrait. The animals appear regal and powerful in their frame, regardless of where they are in the food chain. They form part of two growing series; “Great British Birds” and “Woodland Creatures”. The solid colour background is inspired particularly by a famous Renaissance photo-realist painting - “Portrait of Doge Leonardo Loredan” by Giovanni Bellini (currently hung at The National Gallery).
Brought up in rural Hampshire on the edge of the South Downs, Talia woke up in the mornings to fat pheasants, rabbits and the occasional hare on the lawn and in the fields surrounding the house, roe deer. In the woods out back (an old disused chalk pit), foxes, partridge, beautiful buzzards and kites. All this wildlife made for interesting subject matter and allowed Talia to study animal form and anatomy. Following four year’s of art college (Central St. Martin’s and Middlesex studying Fine Art Painting), she has only recently discovered digital practice.
Working from a series of photographs, the images are merged together to achieve the perfect pose and composition. Using the edited photograph as a guideline, a complex net of triangles is built as the foundation for the artwork. Each triangle is then individually coloured, and the portrait gradually appears. The process takes between 30-50 hours start to finish.
The prints are all certified giclée quality, printed with fine inks on archival quality paper at an incredibly high resolution. They are then carefully mounted and framed with acid free materials and casing to protect their longevity. Each print can last up to 200 years without discolouring.
Talia works from her home studio in Bedford and is currently taking commissions.
Unframed prints are available via Talia’s website www.taliagiles.com and delivery is free. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Creative Days are Seasonal, Drop-In Workshops for children that take place at the Pavilion and Kiosk to mark special occasions and festivals.
2017 Art Exhibits
- Bedfordshire Landscapes - 1st January - 6th February
- Food Glorious Food - Circus of Illustration Collective - 7th February - 23rd March
- Jemma Beedie Perspective - Jemma Beedie - 24th March - 5th May
- Mary Cave - 5th May - 16th June
- Talia Giles - 24th June - 28th July
- Tabitha Mary - 28th July - 8th September
- Charlotte Tenneson - 8th September to 20th October
- Creative Days - 20th October to 30th November
- Circus of Illustration Christmas Exhibition - 1st December to 5th January 2018
- 4Colourways - 13th May - 25th June
- Ronald McKay - 19th February - 1st April
- Nancy Batty - 1st April - 14th May