The Kiosk at the Park is not only a haven for small children, parents, grandparents, walkers and runners, we're also a very friendly dog cafe (and by that, we don't mean that dogs are on the menu, obviously. Just to clear that up...). We have a water bowl, a supply of dog-poo disposal bags and dog biscuits at the ready for your four-legged friends - the park is definitely a popular dog hangout!
And as if that wasn't enough, from 11am-3pm Wednesday 3rd March, the team from Dogs Trust will be coming along to The Kiosk to offer FREE microchipping for your dog!
There are loads of reasons to microchip your pet, but the main one is that if they wander off (as dogs do) they can be easily returned to you! For more benefits of microchipping your pet, have a look at this page from the RSPCA, or this from Dogs Trust. Also take a look at the council's leaflet on Dog Control Orders for some more tips on how to reduce the chance of losing your dog.
This is a great opportunity to get your dog microchipped - and the perfect excuse to treat yourself to coffee and cake at the same time! Microchipping will soon be compulsory in the UK, so make the most of this initiative and come down to the Kiosk and get it done for free!
Filtering by Category: Canines at the Kiosk
March 2013 saw Best in Show at Crufts being won by Jilly, the Basset Griffon Vendeen who beat more than 20,000 dogs over the four-day competition to take the coveted title.
Meanwhile, in a quiet corner of a little park by the Great River Ouse in Bedford, Lorraine Lotan from Happy Dog Training in Clapham was deliberating over a very different ‘Best in Show’. She had kindly agreed to judge The Kiosk’s inaugural ‘Canines At The Kiosk’ competition and taking a break from her work with the charity Canine Partners, she headed to Russell Park to focus on her judging. While our photographic contest didn’t attract the same sort of numbers that entered Crufts, Lorraine’s task of picking winners for the six categories was nonetheless a difficult one!
“Thank you for asking me to judge – all the photos were great and all the dogs were winners” said Lorraine – but we managed to pin her down and after plenty of Lattes and a few of our signature Malteser Squares, she narrowed it down and has come up with the very deserving winners!
And, much as they do at other high profile awards ceremonies, we’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who took the time to email images and upload them onto facebook, we had a lot of fun and we hope you did too.
Congratulations if you are a winner, and commiserations if you haven't won a prize this time, but fear not, there will be other competitions to enter and other opportunities to win.
We’d also like to thank all those that have donated prizes – Pets at Home, Aspera Pet Services, Acorn House Vets Practice, Adrian Bullers Photography and KJ Photography. You can see the winning entries below, and all the others on our facebook page!
Look-A-Like: Gracie - Two Lambs in Honour of Easter, entered by Sara Gilbert
Let Sleeping Dogs Lie: Our Alfie with Bailey, entered by Karen Chamberlain
Man's Best Friend: Harley & Noodle in boat, entered by Kimberley Boreham
Top Dog & Best in Show: Yassko & Cerys, entered by Wendy Halling
In the Dog House: Baxter, entered by Alexandra Ward
Puppy Power: Heidi Trampolining, entered by Fiona Swift
The Small Print...
1. All photos must be received by midnight on the 10th March 2013. The winners will be selected and informed via email the following week.
2. This competition is open to UK residents only.
3. The competition is judged upon, but not limited to, the following criteria....
The creative composition of the photo, image quality, relevance to category.
5. By entering this competition you grant Kiosk at the Park the right to publish submitted photo(s), your name, and your dogs name, on our blog, in the press and on our social networking channels.
6. Small photo alterations may be made by our staff in order to fit our website, social networking channels or email newsletters.
7. Canines at The Kiosk will be judged by a panel of local personalities chosen by The Kiosk Management. All decisions are final.
8. All photos sent to Canines at The Kiosk must be the legal property of the person submitting the image and must have been taken by them. The Kiosk at The Park will not be held responsible for any copyright infringements.
9. The Canines at the Kiosk team reserves the right to refuse any photograph which they deem unacceptable and not suitable for this competition.
10. By entering this competition you will also be automatically added to our mailing list but please feel free to unsubscribe at any time.
11. There is no limit to the number of submissions per person.
12. Please ensure the information you submit is completed accurately. Canines at The Kiosk will not be responsible for photos being placed in the wrong categories due to inaccurate information submitted by entrant.
13. This competition is in no way related to Facebook, although entries will be posted on www.facebook.com/CaninesatTheKiosk.
14. The winner will be announced on Sunday 17th March at 11am at The Kiosk, Russell Park, Bedford.
15. Entrants must be accompanied by the completion of the caption "My dog loves Russell Park because....", with contact details. Entrants must specify whether they are over 16 or under 16.
Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
Man's Best Friend
In the Dog House