The Park Book Club meet regularly at the Pavilion to discuss the month's book. Join us for good food, great coffee, a calming environment and chatting.
Book club now meets on the first Tuesday of the month starting at 10:45am. Upcoming dates below.
Guest Author for 20th June's
Book Club Supper Club
The Particular Wisdom of Sally Red Shoes
An Equal Music
2018 Book Clubs
- 9th January: The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder chosen by Chris
- 6th February: Georgiana Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman chosen by Gill
- 3rd April: State of Wonder by Ann Patchett ( Elva's choice) Thank you Gay for agreeing to move your choice
- 1st May: Presidents Hat by Antoine Laurain ( Ellie's choice )
- 5th June: The Particular Wisdom of Sally Red Shoes by Ruth Hogan (in preparation for author supper club on the 20th June)
- Booking can be made here
- 3rd July: An Equal Music by Vikram Seth (Gay's choice)
- 7th August: The One in Million Boy by Monica Wood ( Suzanne's choice)
- 4th September: The Book of You by Claire Kendal ( Angie's choice)
Following on from the success of The Keeper of Lost Things, Ruth Hogan's new book is a charming romance set in locations inspired by Bedford Park, Foster Hill Road and the Bedford Cemetry.
As with her first novel, The Keeper of Lost Things, there will be a chance to meet and discuss the book with Ruth herself over dinner in an upcoming Guest Author Supper Club here at the Pavilion. Read on for more about our Supper Club events.
Guest Author Supper Clubs
On occasion we’re fortunate enough to have the author join us for a Book Club Supper Club. Taking place in the evening, Guest Author Supper Clubs feature a Q&A Session followed by a two or three-course Dinner where there will be ample opprtunity for casual discussion. Follow @ParkBookClub on twitter for the latest updates.